Choosing the right pair of eyeglasses can always be a little difficult, especially if you purchase them offline. To make sure that you buy the right pair of eyeglasses, there are 10 simple steps or components that you need to follow in order to make a smart and a one time purchase.
1. Consider Your Type of Frame
The first thing you need to make sure you look into is what type of frame is most like you. There are many types to choose from between a light frame, or even a dark and bold frame. At times you may think that both are an exceptional choice. Make sure that when you choose your frame, you pick one that speaks your personality. Sometimes different frames say different things about your mood. If you feel like the kind of person that likes a little change and difference, why not choose a variety of different frames.
2. Choose a Frame That Fits You
People who wear eyeglasses are accustomed to many different types of frames. Sometimes they fit one person differently than another. It’s important to pick a frame that fits and isn’t uncomfortable or poorly fitting. Usually you will be provided online with a guide that will show the sizes and shapes of faces, therefore you can take note of what size of glasses you are currently wearing, and be able to choose a pair of eyeglasses that will fit you perfect.
3. Choose a Frame That Suits Your Needs
It’s important to understand that pair of glasses aren’t to just improve your eyesight, but they are also a determination of your personality and your fashion. Make sure that you choose a pair that will show off your personality as well as suit your needs. Sometimes you can upload your picture onto the web and try on different types of glasses to find the ones that best describe who you are.
4. Get The Votes of Your Closest Friends
Receiving the help of your friends isn’t going to just boost your confidence in finding glasses, but it’s also an easy way of finding the ones that look best on you. You can take the virtual pictures you have created and post them to major social networking sites and have your friends chosen the ones they like the best. Then based on how you feel about them, you can make your decision.
5. Choose Your Lens
Based on recommendations made to you, and your very own preferences, you will need to choose a set of lens that will qualify for every one of your needs. You can choose UV protection lenses if you spend most of your time outdoors, or you can choose a pair with anti-scratch coating especially if you have young kids that like to play around.
6. Decide on The Thickness of Your Lens
When you choose the thickness of your lens, there are three types to keep in mind. These three types consist of the following:
- The Basic Plastic – if you are worried about your budget or how much you will pay for eyeglasses, then the basic plastic lens are best for you. They are very common worldwide and they are a very sturdy solution.
- Polycarbonate – if you have a very active lifestyle and are worried about the protection of your glasses, these high compact resistant glasses are best for you.
- High Index – if you are all about style and comfort, these are the best choice of glasses for you. They are the thinnest lenses that are suitable for all ranges of prescription eye wear.
7. Determine What Size of Frame You Need
If you currently wear a pair of glasses, the best way to determine what size you need is by looking on the inside of the current pair. Usually they have the size of your glasses written on the inside. If this is your first time purchasing a pair of glasses, consider visiting eye wear stores and trying on multiple sizes to find the right ones. Always remember when measuring that you take measurements of temple size, eye size, and bridge size.
8. Understanding Your PD
In order to purchase eye wear online, you have to know what your papillary distance is. If you don’t know what it is, there are two simple solutions. You can either call your eye specialist (the usually have it in their files) or you can download the tool online to follow directions and find out what it is in a matter of minutes.
9. Know What Prescription You Need
It’s important to recognize your prescription type as there are many different kinds that are for different eye problems. The different types range from:
- Single Vision
- Reading Glasses
10. Always Use a New Prescription
This is the most important thing you will need to do. You need to make sure that according to your age, you receive checkups to update your prescription so you are receiving the right eye care. Based on the ages, you should update your prescription accordingly:
- Age 18 and younger – annually
- Between 19 and 59 – every 2 to 3 years
- Over the age of 60 – annually or according to eye specialist